Sunday, January 21, 2018

Weekend Round Up

We finally busted out of this joint Friday when we went to my friend Amy's for a playdate.  She has two little girls (2 years and 8 months).  Isabella had fun and I got some insight into "this is 2" as I prepare for the little girl I watch A crossing the threshold.  In the last few weeks she has begun saying "no" quite a bit (to Isabella, not me) and has begun doing some fun mini-screams when she is upset.  For some reason I thought 2 was the magical age when you got to start time out, but watching Amy and her daughter attempt to the timeout dance and doing some more digging when I got home turns out for some kiddos 3 is the better age to start.  I promise I am not trying to speed Isabella's babyhood up any faster than it already is going, but I am looking for the day these kiddos turn 5 and I have better clue as to what I am doing!

Saturday we had lunch with Uncle Mark at a really good pub near where he works.  Isabella did well even though she has upped her game.  It used to be that I would just keep chucking her toys and as one accidentally fell on the floor she would get a new one.  However, now throwing things to the floor has become a fun past time.  At home I will usually just let them lay there, but since I had to keep her entertained the servers, the girl sitting behind us, and I got a good work out picking things up:).  Oh, we also learned that rolled up silverware is fun!


Saturday night was our first couch date using our new system.  I got to draw and we spent the evening in a blanket fort watching Transformers and the Smurfs.  J.T. is one serious blanket fort maker which resulted in a much better structured fort than any I ever made back in the day...


In 2017 we not only stopped going to church, but also stopped watching online.  2018 we picked back up with the online watching and will hopefully make our way back to attending in the coming months.  The current series is on Jonah which is making me wonder what is my current Ninevah?  I am definitely working through some things (idolizing day to day events, searching for continuous calm here on Earth and getting overly upset when the calm is disrupted, traversing the current political climate...), but can't quite put my finger on where God is calling me and where I am trying to go instead...


No comments:

Post a Comment