Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Snow Day!

Snow days have a new connotation now that I work with people who are not affiliated with schools.  I had one kiddo today and another family made an attempt but couldn't get out of their hilly neighborhood.   Four inches of snow is a big deal in these parts! 

As a result of today's events I have created a child care policy that aligns me with the local school district.  If they are delayed, I delay opening.  If they are closed, I am closed.  Half of my families do work with the school district and one of the others have school aged kids as well so instead of living in a "Who's going to show up?" mindset, I have decided to make it clear.  Our school district is huge though which means that sometimes they close and our part of the world is absolutely fine so I may end up modifying later, but for now I have a game plan.

We took Isabella out in the snow and she was pretty not impressed.  She especially did not like it when we gave her a taste.  Frozen flip flop ice cube things?  Yes!  Frozen washcloth?  Yes!  Snow?  "That is where I draw the line, mommy and daddy!"

We had no sled and the good hill is a fair hike away so we will save that experience for when she is older.  That means we got to spend most of the snow day from my favorite vantage point--inside:).









No comments:

Post a Comment