Sunday, July 16, 2017

Traveling and Sip 'n See

So little girl has continued to forget how to sleep.  Some nights she is up as often as every 1-2 hours.  I am in such a fog I feel like my brain is broken.  I also feel like a broken record on this topic, so moving on...

Isabella took her first long car ride this weekend.   My mom threw a "Sip and See" for us up in PA.  J.T. couldn't make it because of work, but luckily my brother could go with us.  He drove there and back-bless him!  We traveled around her nap schedule and she did an amazing job.  We stopped for "lunch" after she woke up from her first nap.  It was like 10:30 so calling it lunch is generous.

We ate at a sit down restaurant.  My brother and I share the same traveling philosophy--get from point A to point B as fast as humanly possible.  So our usual MO is a single stop on this 7-8 hour trip for food, restroom and gas.  So to stop for almost an hour was unheard of.  But we survived and Isabella was better for it.  She napped again after getting back in the car.  We made one more stop at a Dairy Queen--traveling this way can definitely add time AND calories, but it was worth it because Isabella began fussing exactly 10 minutes from our parents house.  Win!

We had a nice weekend.  It was wonderful introducing Isabella to friends and family.  The trip home was also a success.  Even when she was awake she was pleasant.






Looks like we can add good traveler to the list of her three month accomplishments.


No comments:

Post a Comment