Thursday, July 27, 2017

Addicted to (Yard Sale) Shopping

When I graduated for college and got my first real job, the financial freedom of a grown up paycheck was a bit more than I could handle.  Having a roommate to share expenses, I had a fair amount of disposable income which I helped use to support local retailers.  Especially retailers who sold clothes.  As I got older I fortunately got things under control and became fiscally responsible; however, I still enjoy some good retail therapy now and again.  Starting my little day care enterprise is proving to be just the ticket.

I am currently slated to have a 2 month old and an 8 month old starting at different points and the beginning of August and another 2 month old and two 3 year olds starting when school starts later in the month.  I need ways of entertaining these kiddos and have essentially no start up budget, so what's a girl to do?  Enter the world of virtual and live yard sales.

I had no idea there were Facebook groups you could join that would hook you up with almost brand new or gently used items for some amazing prices.  Fun fact--the best deals seem to come from those people trying to clean house.  They will let you take stuff off their hands for a fraction of the cost of retail.  I have also discovered consignment shopping as a great source of cheap kids stuff.

I am adding to the collection slowly, but surely.  We should be ready to roll come August and Isabella should never be able to utter the words "I'm bored" given the collection of toys and activities I'm accumulating for all of these different ages!

No comments:

Post a Comment