Saturday, July 8, 2017

Sleep Regression

Over the past two weeks Isabella has been teasing me.  She would fall asleep and sleep a good 5-6 (even once a seven!) hour stretch, wake up for about an hour and then sleep for another 3 hours or so.  I was so excited.  "This is it", I foolishly thought to myself, "she is creeping her way toward sleeping through the night like those magical babies I hear about!"  Sure she had an off night here or there, but never two nights in a row.

Silly, silly me.

I am now typing bleary eyed as we have now suffered through not one, not two, but three disruptive nights of sleep.  We have had a 3-4ish hour stretch followed by 1-2 hour stretches:(.  No rhyme, no reason, just cause I guess.

J.T. is going to put her to bed tonight so I can try to go to bed at 7 and hopefully get at least 5-6 hours in a stretch.

With the decrease in sleep I am feeling an increase in my anxiety level which makes it impossible to nap during the day and more challenging to fall asleep at night even though I am beyond tired.

Such cruel irony!

No comments:

Post a Comment