Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The Journey Down the Rabbit Hole Continues

I see my labor and recovery as the following equations:

Broken water + no contractions=Pitocin
Pitocin + back labor= epidural
epidural+big baby with a big head facing the wrong way=c-section
c-section=abscess + excessive post partum bleeding
Medicine + excessive bleeding= no change
No change=hystoscopy + D & C:(

Had my post-postpartum follow up visit today.  They have three theories as to why I am still bleeding (endometrial tissue stuck in the wall of uterus, placenta still remaining is unlikely as they have yet to see any on an external or internal ultrasound or polyps).  That's right, I am making up for a lifetime of good health in one season!  The good news is that I have reached my insurance limits across the board so this is a buy a bunch get one free special and is on the house.

The procedure will be on Friday and from what I understand, while I am put under anesthesia, is theoretically pretty low key.  My parents are coming back down (three times in 6 weeks-these people are saints) and J.T. is taking off work to come with me.

I just want to be better.'
'
On a more positive note, last night with Isabella went much better.  I find when I catch her before she is crying or she is drowsy feedings go much smoother.  So I just set me alarm to wake her every three hours.  All of last nights feedings went smoothly and there were only two difficult feeds and one fussy feed today.  Progress!


No comments:

Post a Comment