Monday, May 29, 2017

Oh what a night-Happy Memorial Day!




My MIL was supposed to come on Sunday, but ended up not being able to.  So my parents hung around with Isabella and I on the back porch.  Playing games, drinking wine, rocking/holding/feeding a fussy baby.  My brother came up and joined the fun a little later in the day.

Little girl seemed to be constipated so I called the nurse line (what did people do before those existed?!?!).  They suggested giving her an ounce of apple juice which we did, but then she wouldn't eat anything else.  Fortunately she had eaten a fair amount right before then but unfortunately it had been around dinner time.  I was confident that the stretch of sleep she has begun to fall into when I put her down around 9 (she will usually sleep until between 12-1) would vanish as she would be hungry.

I was pleasantly surprised to be wrong!  She slept her regular stretch and then ate like a champ a little after midnight.  She then slept another 2.5 hours and then got up for the day a little after 6.  Only two wake ups and both went super smoothly (ate, rocked, fell back to sleep all within 45 minutes!).  Maybe we are turning a corner and she will join the ranks of babies sleeping well through the night....dare I dream?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment