Sunday, May 7, 2017

Smooth Night and Visitors

Win!  Last night Isabella got up twice.  Both times she just ate, I bounced/glided her, and she went back to sleep deeply enough for me to put her back in the co-sleeper within 30-45 minutes.  They were quite pleasant times.  Interestingly I didn't not attempt to burp her either time, just kept her relatively elevated in the Boppy so she maybe the bottles and the fact that she is primarily drinking breast milk is helping.  J.T. said he was burping her less to, so maybe our attempts at burping her were just pissing her off rather than do anything productive.

Also, I pumped before she got up each time.  I am able to do this because she may be the noisiest sleeper who ever lived:).  She grunts, cries out, whimpers, etc. which I understand is normal, but it wakes me up and then I am on the ready for her to get up even though it usually isn't for another hour or so.  Pumping first or at a different time helped the feeding not seem interminable.

It was nice having a smooth night as the last couple of days she has been eating well, but sleeping has gotten funky.  After she eats she just wants to stay awake like she's afraid she's going to miss something!  Then she gets overtired.  Apparently there is a growth spurt in this third week that we can maybe blame.  Last night into this morning things have gotten much better so maybe she has done all the growing she is going to do this week:).

I like to fall asleep in my Boppy while bouncing on someone's lap.  My bouncy chair just won't do!

My MIL was great for holding and helping feed Isabella yesterday and watching her while I went to do our grocery pick up from Wal-mart (love this service at the moment) and J.T. was at the gym.  She also ran to Target to get the child some pants.  She has outgrown her newborn clothes for the most part and it has been kind of chilly with most of her 0-3 month clothes being summer wear we needed something to cover the poor girl's legs.  Overall it was nice just having some extra company and an extra set of hands for rocking this kiddo who seems to have hit a more needy phase.

My parents are in en route as we speak.  My dad is bringing my mom down and staying the night and then will go back tomorrow and bring my sister down for next weekend as we had originally planned for them to come down for Mother's Day.

Looking forward to spending the week with my mom and having her spend time with Isabella:).

No comments:

Post a Comment