Sunday, June 19, 2016

Cyst

My ovaries are proving to be my nemesis.  They can't seem to get it together to produce eggs properly.  The left one is always a bugger to find with an ultrasound.  Today the right one decided it was tired of not doing anything productive so it decided to produce a 3.1 mm cyst.  Seriously, ovaries, you have one job for the next 6 weeks-to do nothing-and you can't even get that right?!?!

I went in this morning for my day 3 blood work & ultrasound.  Though it may actually be day 4 since the birth control pills I was on seemed to decide not to give me an actual period this cycle.  Anyway, I was successful in giving them all the blood they needed (which is usually the tricky part because I have tiny veins).  I thought the biggest topic of conversation would be the birth control, cycle day stuff-silly me.

I have experienced pinching on my right side on and off for a couple of years now.  When I mentioned it to my gynecologist, she just kind of brushed it off.  I also vaguely recall a cyst during one of our IUIs, but the doctor wasn't worried about it.  Apparently cysts can be inactive.  In the case of an inactive cyst, apparently things can proceed.  If the blood work proves it to be active then I have to undergo surgery to have it removed.  

They are supposed to call later today and let me know where we go from here.  Fingers crossed!

Update:  Dr.'s office just called with the all clear (thank you, Lord).  My BCPs should be ready in about an hour.  Let's get this party started!

No comments:

Post a Comment