Friday, June 10, 2016

Bottoms Up

Send the children home for the summer-check!  Send the teachers home-check!  We are graduating our first class of seniors tonight and while they began as a seventh graders and were never a part of my program, I can't help but feeling a touch of pride for being a part of it all.

Beginning tomorrow I am back on Weight Watchers.  Time to begin whittling away at the ten pounds I gained over the course of the school year (and avoid adding the extra ten I gained last June).  A week from now I also am giving up drinking, caffeine and whatever else gives my uterus the best shot ever of having a tenant for nine months.

Tuesday the first draft of my article is due.  Oh, I may have forgotten to mention that for my first class in my doctoral program I get an A or an F.  I get an A for submitting an article for publication and an F if I don't.  I have 5 weeks total from start to finish.  2500 words written 3500 more to go!

Cheers to summer...it is shaping up to be one of the most interesting ones yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment