Friday, November 25, 2016

Turkey Day, Gilmore Girls, and 19 Weeks


Since we do Thanksgiving with my family early each year and we do an annual Thanksgiving before the actual day with our community group, by actual Thanksgiving we are content to do whatever.  Some years we go to J.T.'s moms, some years we host and other years we go to his step-grandmothers house.  We were supposed to do the latter this year, but J.T. woke up with a cold on Wednesday morning and by Thursday morning didn't want to go anywhere.

Luckily the grocery store was open until 2 so I was able to pull some things together and my brother came up for dinner.  Luckily we don't really like turkey so it was easy to find a ham instead:).  It was a beautiful and warm day so we even go to spend some time sitting outside.  



J.T. took Friday off, but I had called dibs way back in the summer for watching the Gilmore Girls reboot on Black Friday so that is what we (I) did.


Overall I was content with the show.  8 years later it is easier to see that Lorelei and Rory are both much more superficial and selfish than I would have given them credit for once upon a time (though I guess it has always been the case).  I did not love the ending, but after processing and getting input from others I can see some of the parallels that they were going for so I can live with it.  

Today also marks



She is still moving some here and there, and I can't wait until her movements can be felt on the outside as I know J.T. is super excited to be able to feel her move:).

No comments:

Post a Comment