Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The Pregnant Infertile

I am currently 15 weeks pregnant.   I have experienced morning sickness and am currently experiencing the is she fat or is she pregnant belly stare from people who don't know.  To date this pregnancy has been happy and healthy.   J.T. and I couldn't be more excited to welcome this tiny person into our family.  All of that being said I can't shake the feeling that I am still infertile.

J.T. no longer lives in this place of infertility with me-he has successfully participated in the creation of our little one.  While I fully recognize the blessing it is to be able to carry and help this little one to grow, I can take absolutely zero credit for his/her existence.  A part of me feels like this role is much like the roles I have fulfilled over the last 25 years-babysitter, teacher, caregiver...

Again, baby K has been very busy in there yet I have felt no movement, and I am also not even halfway through this adventure of growing a person.  I know that when I meet him/her my love will know no, bounds; however, despite my braining knowing all of these things a part of my heart still lives in the land of infertility and I am beginning to wonder if it always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment