Saturday, November 5, 2016

The Role of Genetics in Egg Donation

This blog is mostly anonymous though I have shared the link with a few close friends.  After reading the post The Pregnant Infertile, one of my sweet friends reached out.  She shared with me a link to an article related to the science involved in donor egg and the mother who carries the baby.  I had read through some articles on the topic briefly in the spring when we were deciding donor egg versus donor embryo, but hadn't revisited since we made the final decision.

In short, my body determines which genes from our donor and J.T. are turned on in tiny baby.  I relate this to being the teacher who gets to determine the lesson plans:).  The science behind it is still beyond my verbal-humanities intellect, but I hope to revisit and try to wrap my brain fully around the topic over one of my breaks this winter.

Here are some of the articles I plan to study:

http://www.medicaldaily.com/infertile-moms-genetics-micrornas-get-passed-her-egg-donation-child-355788

http://lehmannhaupt.com/2016/01/06/becoming-a-solo-mom-via-assisted-reproductive-technology-donor-eggs/


No comments:

Post a Comment