Thursday, November 17, 2016

Anatomy Scan

We got to see tiny baby this morning at our anatomy scan.

Heartbeat strong and steady.

Weighing in at a solid 1/2 pound!  According to my What to Expect app weight at 18 weeks is 5 oz, so we may have another "chubby cheekers" (that was my older brother's nickname for me when I was a baby) on our hands:).

We experienced our first joint parent fail in that neither of us managed to catch the length, but tiny baby is looking perfect.

There was only one measurement they couldn't get precisely because despite all of tiny baby's movement, the head would only move when the machine was on the opposite side.  By the time they got it in place, the little stinker moved back in the same spot--ha, ha!

The doctor made a comment about long fingers which was nice as one of my parents' favorite stories to tell about me as a baby is that when my dad took me to the doctor one day an older lady commented on my "long and beautiful fingers". She then held up one of my dad's hand to examine his fingers and exclaimed "Well, she didn't get them from you!":).  So it's nice to see that tiny baby and I already share a common characteristic.

Overall measurements put us just a bit ahead (18 w, 2 d vs. the current 17 w, 6 d).  We couldn't ask for more!

(They got some good shots which I will come back and post once I am able to disentangle myself from these two sleeping puppies.)


No comments:

Post a Comment