Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Diet and Exercise

One of my goals for this trimester has been to eat better and exercise.  I would love to say check and check, but unfortunately not-so-much:(.

What can I say?  I like food and unfortunately I don't really like healthy food.  When given the option between a grilled chicken breast or a piece of pizza I am always going to choose the pizza!  I have done pretty well with eating two-three servings of fruit each day, but some days the only vegetable I have is baked Lays.  The good news is I am not doing a ton of overeating, but it's probably not great to rely on my prenatal vitamin for nutritional value.

The other issue is that unless I HAVE to do something (like work or class or something) I am such a lazy bones these days.  So even though I have the ingredients for a yummy spinach salad that I actually enjoy I managed to order pizza for dinner last and ate leftover pasta salad from the party for lunch today and yesterday.  For baby girl's sake I have got to get better!

I didn't really gain in trimester one, and have gained a pound a week in trimester two (with the exception of the week we went away where I managed to gain three!).  All told I have gained 8 pounds which I guess isn't too bad, but I feel like I am failing baby girl or somehow setting her up to be a carb and sugaraholic like her mama.

Only this week, being off from school and classes, have I begun exercising.  I have walked 2-3 miles each day this week and hope to keep this up in the coming weeks as my classes begin to taper off for the semester.  If I can walk 5 days a week until the new semester begins that gives me about 6 weeks of steady exercise which would be a HUGE improvement.  The temperatures have dropped, but if the days stay this beautiful it hopefully won't be too hard to do!



No comments:

Post a Comment