Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Final Progesterone Shot

And not a moment too soon!  As a life long needle-a-phobic I am still amazed that I have survived these last nearly three months of daily injections (plus blood work), but here I am almost totally on the other side.

The progesterone shots have definitely been the toughest.  When we started mid July we used the bigger gauge needle so it would go faster.  It didn't hurt any worse during the actual injection, but we realized it was making the muscles really sore afterwards.  I also had some pretty decent sized lumps from the shots regardless of which needle we were using.  I followed the advice of the good people online and we used massage, walking and the heating pad (my favorite part!) afterward to try to minimize the lumps and the discomfort.  On a related side note I am almost all the way through the Office on Netflix for like the 10th time because I watch an episode while I am laying on the heating pad.   Misery loves comedy;).

After changing the needle gauge things got better.  There were still lumps, but very little soreness and despite the lumps there was plenty of real estate to work with so to speak.  The injection didn't hurt and there was minimal discomfort afterwards.

Then all of the sudden about 2-3 weeks ago out of the blue I started getting really sore again.  I checked with J.T. and he was still changing to the smaller needles, so that wasn't it.  I was also noticing that beyond the lumps my muscles were hardening, in protest I guess...they are ready to be done!

The last few days have been really rough.  Because everything is so hard the injections have started to hurt-a lot:(.  Also both sides are sore regardless of the location of the previous night's injection.

But that all ends tonight with one last final injection- hallelujah!

That still gives me 7 months or so to gear up for the mother of all needles-the epidural...gulp...

No comments:

Post a Comment