Monday, November 16, 2015

21 Days of Gratitude: Day 8--Adventure

If people I knew were asked to describe me, adventurous would not be in the list of top ten (maybe even in the top 20!).  As a result it took some time to process adventures in my life for which I am the most grateful.  I finally was able to come up with not one, but two!

White Water Rafting:  I have gone a few times in my life and would love to go again.  This is one truly adventurous activity that I truly do enjoy!

Becoming a Yankee Transplant in Dixie Land:  I am grateful to have had the means and moral support to move anywhere I wanted once I graduated from college.  I am grateful to have had a friend to do it with and I am grateful that the move led me to my husband, a life that I love, and winter means less than a foot of snow (total!).

And there's one more that once we reach our (hopefully!) happily ever after I will be able to add to the list:

Starting a family:  Clearly this adventure has not reached its conclusion and there has been virtually no action, the other defining qualities of "adventure" certainly come into play (i.e., risk, fear of the unknown).






No comments:

Post a Comment