Tuesday, November 24, 2015

21 Days of Gratitude: Day 16--Food

What don't I love about food:).  I would say my favorite combos ALWAYS involve some form of bread and cheese.  Then a hint of something (tomatoes, spices, etc.) to add some extra kick.  It will come as no surprise then that my favorite kind of food is Italian.  I am also a big fan of appetizers.  I can live without dinner, but can't skip breakfast or lunch.

I also fully grasp that I am more than abundantly blessed in this arena since I began with a list of favorites, and don't for even a second have to think about having limited access to or the inability to secure whatever food I want, whenever I want.

I am fortunate to live in a country where no one is starving.  Yes, there are absolutely people who are not 100% certain where there next meal is coming from and there is a large segment of the population who cannot access fresh produce, meat, whole grains that allow them to live a life without fear of obesity, diabetes, etc., but in regard to the ability to access meals our country at large is truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment