Friday, August 11, 2017

Like a Moth to a Flame

I seem to attract babies who have trouble sleeping.  My second kiddo started this Wednesday and like A, H sleeps through the night but is a crummy napper.  After talking with his mom more in depth at pick up it turns out in his nearly 9 months of life he has...


  • Slept almost exclusively in his own bed.
  • The two times he slept in a pack and play it was in a hotel room with his parents.
  • Been rocked to sleep for every nap and bedtime by his parents or grandmother (who watched him when his mom finished last school year after maternity leave).

While I take no issue with any of the above under regular circumstances, if you know your child will be going to "daycare" where there are already two other smaller babies why wouldn't you have at least made an attempt to get him ready.  I don't know.  Maybe my expectations are too high since I am the one now responsible for teaching this kiddo how to go to sleep on his own.  We just finished day three and the only times he has slept is when I am holding him or we are walking in the stroller.  This is not sustainable!  Poor little boy starts out the day as a sweetie, but is a beast by the end of it because he is worn out.

Unfortunately there are no silver bullet changes for H as there were for A (who is still a cat napper, but those cat naps help him remain pleasant throughout the day).  Good thing I have read all those sleep books.  Hopefully next week I find the secret sleep recipe for this little boy.

While I would not change being able to stay at home with Isabella, providing childcare for babies may not be my current calling...

No comments:

Post a Comment