Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Baby Sleep Expert...

not so much. 

Though considering how much research I have done on the topic over the last few weeks you would think I should be!  Between A struggling to sleep during the day (though things have gotten better this week) and Isabella struggling to sleep at night I feel like my life is all consumed by babies who should be sleeping but aren't!  Sleep is so GOOD...I miss it...how do I convince these babies of its glory?!?!

Starting with daytime sleeping, Isabella continues to be a good little napper.  Even though she did have to put herself to sleep a few times (in her infant seat, swaddled, and with white noise) while she watches mommy rocking her new friend.  On the one hand I don't love it because I don't want her to get the short end of the stick, but I don't hate it because as long as she can see me she doesn't get upset and it actually helps me to do the putting her down drowsy but awake the way the books suggest.  Isabella is a good napper.  Usually taking 3-4 naps a day for at least an hour....sometimes 3.  A has done better with his dad bringing him later, though he is clearly a cat napper.  We have gotten a few naps longer than an hour but not many.

Ironically, A's parents shared that he is pretty much sleeping through the night.  Whereas Isabella wakes up any where from every 1-3 hours.  Why must I get the short end of both sticks:(.

I have no read every renown sleep book from the gentle no-cry method to the love it or hate it Cry It Out.  I have tracked data and may or not have even developed an excel spreadsheet looking for answers.

We have now put EVERY no cry suggestion into place without success.  I'm not opposed to CIO though I really wish something else would take.  We also don't want to use CIO until the earliest widely suggested 4 month mark.  It's bad that I am counting down the days until August 13 isn't it:(?

No comments:

Post a Comment