Wednesday, April 12, 2017

It's game time!

Welp, so much for appliance shopping.  Isabella had other plans for today!

I woke up at 7, went to the bathroom, laid back down and felt like I had gone to the bathroom again:(.
There was no "pop" or gush just a trickle and slow stream of fluid.  After shuffling back and forth from the bathroom a few more times, I asked J.T. if he had slept well last night because it looked like today was going to get interesting!

After changing a couple of times, it appeared that this might be the real deal despite not feeling any contractions.  I called the nurse triage line as the office didn't open until 8:30.  They asked if I wanted to go to the hospital or the doctor's office.  Doctor's office for sure, so I made an appointment for 9:15.

Because we were worked in we didn't make it into the actual doctor until almost 10.  I was soaked and even managed to make a splash right there on the floor.  The doctor swabbed, but was pretty certain that my water was in fact broken.  She examined me and found I was 2cm dilated.  She gave us the option of going straight to the hospital or going home first and checking in at the hospital at 1:00.  Given that I still had not packed my hospital bag (I thought I had time!) and still had not begun contracting, we chose the latter.

We arrived promptly at 1:00 at the hospital with only one possible contraction felt.  When we arrived the doctor began to discuss Pitocin, but not being shy, I asked about the possibility of having some time to try to walk and use the exercise ball to see if we could still get things going on our own.  The doctor agreed and said she would be back at 7 to see how things were going.

So we walked, and we walked and we walked.  I bounced, and I bounced and I bounced.  6 hours later, there was still nada in way of contractions though I had dilated a bit more and was more effaced.  Next step was the first step down the rabbit hole of intervention and they started me on the Pitocin drip around 8:00.

Our parents were en route by this point and as much as having they waiting stressed me out, those thoughts eventually went out the window.  They increased the Pitocin in increments of 2 every 30 minutes and about 2-3 hours later I was having some fierce back labor.    It was going to be a long night...

No comments:

Post a Comment