Saturday, April 1, 2017

It's April!

How did that happen?!? We are now in the home stretch...as I continue to live in the land of delusion that she will arrive on April 21.  Hey I'm sticking to it until proven otherwise and who knows we tend to live in the minority in this arena so maybe she really will be part of the 5% who come on their due date.

I am sooo excited to meet her, but I'm not going to lie, the whole her-getting-out keeps lingering on my mind and so I am good with the 2 weeks and 6 days we have left.  Let her finish baking, let me/us finish getting stuff done out here, and give me a couple more weeks to buck up and mentally prepare for the most physically daunting task I have ever endured-yippee!

As far as things still left to do:   her nursery is ready to go;we set up the pack and play downstairs this morning and will set up the co-sleeper either this weekend or next; I washed her clothes last Sunday and will try to do the blankets tomorrow.  We still have to install the car seats and pack the hospital bags, but otherwise feel ready on the home front.

I would like to look into some postpartum clothing items (nursing bras, tops, etc.) and stock up on paper products and other home necessities, but if we get stuck can always rely on Amazon Prime in a pinch.   I am planning to use the pick-up feature from our Wal-mart grocery tomorrow for the first time to give that a spin. I submitted our order yesterday, but the first available pick up time they had was tomorrow at 3.  I suspect this process will come in handy over the next month or so.  I am also getting together with friends to do a Wildtree Party next Saturday so we should have 10 freezer dinners ready to roll.

On the work front, the interim principal is supposed to come by this week to shadow me.  I am also conducting all of the summative evaluations for my staff of 50 and wrapping up as many other lose ends as possible in the event that I end up not returning after Spring Break the following week.  It was so sweet at lunch on Friday as one of the second grade classes was leaving one of the little girls said "Bye Mrs. K...bye Isabella!".  I am going to miss the people (both small and big), but am certainly not going to miss the stress!

On the school front, my classes are winding down in terms of actually meeting for class.  The next two weeks I only have two classes physically meeting each week and the following week I have none.  The not meeting is to allow us time to work on:  two research proposals, a docuvideo, a course syllabus, and a presentation poster.  My goal is to have each of these completed prior to the end of my spring break from work on the 16th (fingers crossed!).

God willing Isabella will hold on until at least Easter; however, even if she doesn't I know He's got this and will help us to follow suit!



No comments:

Post a Comment