Friday, August 12, 2016

I've Never Seen One Do that Before;)



Beta #1 was a success-125!  It wasn't all smooth sailing though.  When I arrived and checked in, the receptionist kindly informed me that I wasn't scheduled until MONDAY-uh, what now?!?!   She said she would go back and double check.  She came back a moment later and said our nurse said it was too early.  Mathematically she may have been correct, but from a sanity perspective and following doctors orders I was right on time!  I stayed remarkably calm if I do say so myself and politely asked if I could speak with the nurse, she said yes but asked me to have a seat.  I was positive they had said the 12th AND J.T. had immediately input the information into our shared Google calendar when they told us and it said August 12th at 8:30 (I was on time!).

This is what I explained to the nurse when she came to get me a few minutes later.  She explained that I could test today, but the number might not quite be at the 50 she had told me we were looking for earlier in the week.  Fine by me!  She said the results normally take about 2 hours and she would probably call between 10:30-11:00.

J.T. had planned to take a half day as the same email that mentioned the 50 said that she would call us with the results in the afternoon.  When I let him know what was happening, he said he would try to get home a little bit earlier.  We had already discussed before I left this morning that if I got a call before he was home I would let it go to voicemail so we could listen together.

I got home at about 9:30 and tried to stay busy.  I took the puppies to the vet, dusted, cleaned bathrooms, did laundry, took the puppies for a walk, ran the dishwasher, picked up sticks from the yard, did a little weeding and STILL had time to kill.  The phone rang at 11:30 (yes, yes I was about to tear my hair out!) and I let it go to voicemail.  Turns out it was J.T. so I called him right back-he was just leaving.  About 5 minutes later the phone rang again-it was our REs office-and with Herculean strength I let it go to voicemail and left my cell phone in the den.  For the next 20 minutes or so I looked through photo albums (it was kind of nice as it something I don't do often enough) until J.T. got home.

We sat down on the couch, huddled together like to little kids in a storm, as we listened to the message:

"Hi Beth, it's S.  Good news-your test came back positive.  Your number is 125 which is a good first number.  It is still very, very early.  We want you to come back in on Monday for your second test.  We are looking for the number to double so are looking for something between 200-250..."

Tears (mostly me!), hugs, and kisses.  That's all I can remember after we listened to the message.   We then called our parents (both our moms and I think my dad all cried).

We are still trying to take things one day at a time, but have been basking in the glow of our excitement ever since.

Thanks be to God who has brought us to this point and will continue to lead us in the days ahead.





2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!! That is fantastic news! Congratulations and all of my fingers are crossed for you for great numbers on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bekkah! It worked-we were at 564:). Keep those fingers crossed for Thursday!

    ReplyDelete