Friday, June 14, 2019

Terrible 2s

I have said all along that I don't want Isabella to bottle her feelings up like I do.  I sincerely want her to feel her feelings.  That said why can't she feel them more quietly and less dramatically!

She is the kid that squeals with delight and belly laughs when she feels joy.

She is ALSO the kid that cries and carries on (for what feels like HOURS) when she feels, you know, less joyful.

The lack of rhyme and reason, plus spending all this time in the deep end of emotion is a LOT for this right-brained mama to take.

I am re-reading the books I read last year when the little girl I watched went through this phase.  I guess I had hoped being proactive would be helpful.  I guess I thought wrong:(.

I love this girl more than anything, but dang this is hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment