Friday, January 18, 2019

Calm

Prayer has definitely sustained me through some challenging times.  That said I feel like I sometimes need something specific to "do" to replace feelings of stress and anxiety.  Fortunately God has sent help for people like my by way of meditation.  While some feel meditation works in direct conflict with Christianity I sincerely feel it is a tool the Lord provides that allows us to better follow His word and guidance.  The specific tool He sent to me was an app called Calm.  It. is. AMAZING.



As someone who previously couldn't go two seconds without a thought, the meditations have provided me with specific strategies for how to stop recurring thoughts, grasping on to thoughts, or, sometimes, avoiding thoughts all of which take up unnecessary time and energy.  Calm also helped me to see that, like so many other things, thoughts can be addicting.  I had always assumed that thoughts were something to which I mostly had a passive presence, but I now realize that they while they are something I can't always control I can control my response to them.  It's crazy that while working through my (many) control issues I never realized this before.  These exercises have also brought to light a new understanding of 2 Corinthians 10:5.


I love finding God's fingerprint in the most unexpected places:).

No comments:

Post a Comment