Sunday, October 28, 2018

Lordy, Lordy Look Who's 40!

The local paper growing up would have section where people could acknowledge important/milestone birthdays.  A popular catch phrase was always "Lordy, Lordy Look Who's 40!".  When I would skim this section way back when I always had it in the back of my mind that these people were "old", that 40 was just one stop away from being a senior citizen, and that the bulk of their lives were behind them.  Not surprisingly age (and math) help me to understand that each of these things is far from true. 

Instead I am a firm believer that 40 is the new 30.  Who else but a newly minted 30-something would be raising a young toddler, be working toward a degree, and looking to embark on a new career:)?  So while enter this new decade I truly only see myself as one year oldER, rather than old.

At the beginning of the month, J.T. had told me to not making any plans for my birthday.  I was curious what he had planned.  In the weeks leading up to my birthday I went back and further wondering if he was throwing me a surprise party or not.  This mental back and forth went down to the wire finally landing on not when we rolled into our driveway and there were no cars in sight.  So i truly was surprised to walk into our house where I found family and friends calling out "Surprise!".


So sweet and such fun:).  He had worked with our friend Amy who does an amazing job with event planning and everything turned out so nice!  Well done, J.T. (and Amy!), well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment