Friday, October 5, 2018

Community Yard Sale

Last semester during one of my parents visits we put all of the larger baby toys and equipment that was no longer needed for Isabella in a storage space above the garage.  It's a very large space, but a HUGE pain to get to.  As a result I was only planning on lugging it all back down when we needed it again for the baby I was sure was awaiting us in the near future.  As we all would come to find out there was no such baby, so when they began to advertise for our community yard sale I knew it was time to bring that stuff down and make room for whatever opportunities await us in the future.

While I have truly made peace with Isabella as our one and only, I can't say there wasn't a tear or two as we brought down each of the items I had painstakingly covered and protected so Isabella's younger brother or sister wouldn't be shortchanged as they used her "hand-me-downs". 

These items had been preserved with such hope.  Hope that has become acceptance of what is.  Acceptance that is still awaiting the light of joy that I know will come.  It's coming. I know it is.  But for now I wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment