Thursday, December 29, 2016

Ella's Echo

Babies born through the assistance of IVF are at an increased risk for congenital heart defects.  As a result an echocardiogram was scheduled as a part of our prenatal care for this morning.  We were certainly not going to complain as it provided us another opportunity to see our pretty girl and to get a picture as to her general health and well being.

Given the hustle and bustle of the season I had not given the appointment much thought.  That is until the knee I managed to wrench last night while unpacking and my new pregnancy pillow were at odds waking and then keeping me up.  I spent 1:30-3:00 this morning considering all that could go wrong.

TMI warning:  Added to the general "What if" concerns is some dampness of unknown origin I have been experiencing over the last few days.  With all of the preterm labor warnings I have been reading about (and leaking fluids being one of them) I was doing a lot of praying this morning!

Fortunately, my prayers were answered and the appointment was a success.  Everything looked perfect with Miss Ella.  Also, they did not seem concerned about my fluid levels and my cervix is still long so there were no signs of preterm labor and they are chalking the dampness up to discharge.

We also got the added bonus of a few 3D images.  Our girl is a shy one, so we only got one where her arms were not covering her face:


Isn't she beautiful?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment