Wednesday, December 28, 2016

A Very Merry Christmas

Last year as we traveled home from our annual trek to TN and PA we had a very difficult conversation related to where we wanted to go next in our journey toward parenthood.  How wonderful is our God that one year later our conversations on the way home were centered on what life would be like in the coming year with the birth of our baby girl!

Since we began dating almost 13 years ago we have rotated so that one year we spend Christmas eve/ day with J.T.'s family and the next year with mine.  This year we spent Christmas eve/day with J.T's family.  Friday night his aunt and uncle took the families out for dinner.  We go to see another aunt and one of his cousin's that we have not seen in years.  On Saturday (Christmas eve) we went with his mom and stepdad to see a very well done production of A Christmas Carol.  We then went out dinner and came home to watch the Livestream showing of Christmas Eve service from our church and, as is tradition, It's a Wonderful Life.


On Christmas we opened gifts (for ourselves and for Ella:).  J.T. got me a beautiful locket and jewerly box in which to keep it.  It may have made me cry:).


                  The love between a mother and daughter is forever.     We prayed for 2,190 days... He Answered.  1 Samuel 1:27


I.G.K & B.M.K 
Christmas 2016

After presents we ate Christmas dinner and watched Christmas movies.


On Monday we hopped back in the car and traveled to PA where we visited with my dad's family basically upon arrival.  My sister-in-law and niece & nephew came a little bit later and we opened presents and played games.  On Tuesday we went and saw Rogue One with my parents (RIP Carrie Fisher) and in the evening watched a bunch of home movies.

It was hard to believe this morning that it was already time to get back in the car to to go home.  J.T. had done all the driving to this point, so I took a turn.  We stopped every 2-3 hours, but when we got home I felt worse than I did while driving and worse than I expected.  I guess this was the last travel we will do until after Ella arrives as I expect getting bigger will not make travel any easier!

Looking forward to spending next Christmas at home with our 8 month old:).


No comments:

Post a Comment