Monday, December 19, 2016

And the winner is...

You may recall my story about the name we had picked for our baby girl all those years ago.  Well I drove past that little shop today and realized I had not yet officially shared baby girl's name on this blog (though if you read the 21 weeks sign closely you saw it:).  Here is a pic of the shop and a close up of the sign:
  

 


Grace was an easy choice for a middle name as in recent years it became abundantly clear that the only way we would be starting a family was through the grace of God.

It became even more clear that Isabella Grace was the perfect name when I looked up the meaning of the name Isabella:


I am going to keep the runner up under wraps in the event we need it in the future.  However, I will share option number three which seemed like a real contender until about the third or fourth day we were testing it out.  J.T. threw out the name Adeleine (pronounced Add-a-line) after I couldn't make up my name about the other two.  However after working at ATT for years J.T. began to pronounce her full name would be "Adeleine for $9.99" soooo there went that one!

So far we have yet to call her Isabella when we talk to or about her.  I call her Ella (Bella is out since it is the name of my sister's Miniatur Schnauzer) and J.T. has been calling her Izzy.  The name Isabella offers so many nicknames I suspect she will rarely hear her full first name!









No comments:

Post a Comment