Sunday, August 11, 2019

My Weekend Off

Since we graduated from college, I have gotten together with three college friends for a girls weekend most summers.  We each live in different states, so it can be tricky but (until now) I have always been able to make it work.  This year the plan was to venture to Maryland.  Unfortunately, J.T.s back went out and he could not solo parent which resulted in my staying home:(.  As a consolation we decided I would get a weekend "off" in August.  The weekend had finally arrived.  Thank God!  I had reached my breaking point somewhere in potty training hell and was hanging on (mostly!) by a thread.

While of course missed seeing my college friends, I did get to turn what would have been 16 hours of driving time into fun/relaxation time.  I also made lots of plans with local friends sans kids which doesn't happen often anymore.   The downside of my "staycation" was that I got to stay in bed, but didn't get to sleep in.  Also by Sunday I was ready to do some serious binge watching of the final season of Jane the Virgin.  Soooo since staying home would have involved some degree of toddler-ness I thanked God in equal measure for the beautiful outdoors and modern technology.  I watched downloaded episodes on a blanket, under a tree in the park.  It was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment