Sunday, May 26, 2019

My Good Friend Dory

So April was write your dissertation month, and it appears May is RE-write your dissertation month.  I have literally re-written my entire results section, and made big changes to other chapters as well.  At the end of the day what I think at this point doesn't matter.   I am doing each and every single thing the members of my committee suggest as the only thing standing between me and this degree are their signatures.

Last spring I felt like I was drowning:  kids...classes...comps...Cancer.

There was one sentence that repeated over and over again in my brain.  It came from an unlikely source.  It came from an animated fish.

Last spring Dory (from Finding Nemo) kept reminding me to "Just keep swimming".

This spring she has returned with slightly modified guidance:


Will do little friend, will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment