Wednesday, September 12, 2018

By Jove, I Think She's Got it!

I was so excited to watch her take her steps and start walking.

I love hearing her sweet voice call me Mama.

I am continually amazed at the heights she can climb.

But the most satisfying milestone to date HAS to be her newfound ability to regularly sleep past-wait for it...


Game. Changer.

Transition to one nap was helpful in that it reassured me she was not getting too much daytime sleep.  The girl can only sleep at most between 13-14 hours a day and two 90 minute naps (one hour would just make her cranky) was leaving us about 10 hours of nighttime sleep.  But now with this one nap business (usually lasting about 2 hours or so) I felt confident she could handle another hour of nighttime sleep, I just had to convince HER she needed it.

Found the answer in this article:  https://sleepingshouldbeeasy.com/2017/05/17/toddler-waking-up-at-5am/

So starting last Tuesday when she woke up before 6:00am, I just went in her room, told her it wasn't time to get up yet (miraculously she just laid back down!) and put the blanket we use for nap time on her.  After about two days she just.kept.sleeping.  Monday I even had to WAKE HER UP at 6:50 so we could go to the store before the other kids arrived.  Wow!

Now J.T. gets up between 5-5:30 each weekday morning so I still get up, but it is REMARKABLE the amount of stuff you can get down when you don't have a toddler ankle weight!    Tuesday I got ALL of my housework for the day done before she woke up.  I almost cried from sheer joy.

It's the little things, people.  The little things.



No comments:

Post a Comment