Sunday, July 8, 2018

Where'd I Put My Get Up and Go?

Cause it's clearly gotten up, gone away and doesn't appear to be resurfacing anytime soon!

I have a dissertation proposal that needs revising, three in progress publications that need attention, a house that is in desperate need of some deep cleaning, and a yard that is in danger of being overtaken by weeds.  I have zero desire to even touch any of these endeavors.

I am in much better shape than I was two weeks ago (mentally and physically), but I am still struggling with feeling "normal".

I am getting a decent amount of sleep, eating pretty well, and exercising.  I went to the doctor a few weeks ago for a thyroid checkup.  All is well on that front and he tested my iron which looked good too.

After giving it some thought I think the issue is my brain.  After a semester that kicked my ass new stressors keep popping up that require my immediate attention-cancer...resolution in being a family of three...breaking up with our adoption agency...home repairs...speech disorders.  This is on top of ya know regular life stuff-taking care of little people....taking care of dogs...maintaining relationships...keeping up with regular housework...

It's like my brain is currently processing like an iPhone 4 but my life requires more of an iPhone 8.  My brain is moving at a glacial pace and the storage is full even though new apps are needed ASAP!

Not quite sure how to get a brain upgrade, but I feel like this would help:).


No comments:

Post a Comment