Friday, July 20, 2018

Bu-bye Big C

Having a husband with Cancer is a surreal experience.  On the one hand it's Cancer so it's so very scary.  On the other hand it was blessfully caught super early and no one on the medical front seems to be in much of a rush to do anything about it.   

I spent several days pestering the doctor's office and the best I got was he was fifth on the list to schedule and we were likely looking at September.  J.T. started searching for another doctor and scheduled an appointment at Duke to see if they would move any faster.  Not sure which of these was the trigger, but J.T.'s current doctor reached out to see if he wanted a date that just opened within the week.  I grabbed it and after confirming with J.T. it would work we were good to go.

The procedure was yesterday and J.T.'s mom came out to take care of Isabella so I could be at the hospital.  It was out patient and took about an hour.  They felt they got it, so using this information I giving Cancer the big heave out of our lives.  He goes for a follow up at the 6 month mark which I am praying confirms it is in fact gone forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment