Friday, March 24, 2017

36 Weeks and a Professional Announcement




We are now seeing the doctor each week so had another appointment today.  Our practice is great in that we never wait for more than 5 minutes after we arrive.  They also normally give us the option between seeing the doctor or seeing the midwife.  We have always chosen the doctor, but today they must have been busy because we were not presented the option and got to meet one of the midwives.  
She was great.  She gave me the Strep B test (which I am so hoping is negative so I don't have to hooked up to an IV from the word go) and explained the "rash" I was seeing was just the fluids from the swelling showing through my skin.    The new norm for Ella's hearbeat is 130 and she was right on target as was her growth.  My vitals were all good too.  The midwife checked her position (head down-good girl!) and my cervix which is dilated 0.5 cm which she said was normal.

The cervix check was less than comfortable and has me questioning my ability at natural birth, but all I can do is try.

I also shared with my staff and included in the parent newsletter my plans to not return to school for the 2017-2018 school year.  I practiced my "farewell address" over and over so I wouldn't cry (got through with just a choke up or two).  There were a few tears from my staff, but no looks of shock.  I guess when it takes almost seven years to have a baby the desire to stay at home with that baby is not very surprising:).

We have a plan in place for bringing on an interim principal and hiring a permanent principal with an interview committee including teachers (a must for me).  It is hard to believe, but in less than four weeks my career as an elementary school principal will come to a close.  

No comments:

Post a Comment