Sunday, January 1, 2017

OneWord365

I love new beginnings.  Historically, I have always considered myself fortunate because I got two new beginnings each year-- the beginning of a school year and the beginning of a new year.  I like reflecting and then setting goals/resolutions and these opportunities for change.

2015 ended and 2016 began in a sea of personal turmoil.  It is amazing how only one facet of your life (granted a pretty significant facet) can so dramatically impact the big picture.  I was sad, lost, and ready to throw in the towel.  As we moved into 2016 I was not my usual self and didn't set any goals or have any primary objectives in mind.

It is amazing the difference a year can make.

With all that is going on I had not considered a specific resolution or goal.  A few days ago I stumbled up on this site:


I think it is an awesome way to set a goal/resolution for a new year.

In retrospect I see what my 2016 word was:  Trust.

I am having a harder time committing to my 2017 word.

Given all the change that lies ahead I am leaning toward adapt or flow (as in go with the), but am hoping I get a nudge that helps me to find the word.




No comments:

Post a Comment