Sunday, July 17, 2016

Distractions & Side Effects

Summer was the best possible time to do IVF as during the school year stress and scheduling would have been problematic.  That being said, summer can be verrrry quiet for us.  Quiet can be bad for me.  Quiet can lead to thinking.  Thinking can lead to questions.  Questions can lead to the internet.  The internet can lead to a rabbit hole.  A rabbit hole can lead to more thinking.  Thinking at this level turns to obsessing and all that stress I was trying to avoid is starting me directly in the face!  So I am planning as many distractions as I can this summer.

We went to the beach.   I am taking class two nights a week.  College friends came to visit last weekend.  My mom and her best friend came down to visit this past week.  This past Friday and next week I have planned on meeting friends for lunch.  The following week I am going back to work for a week.  Then we are in transfer week.  I will focus on distractions during the 2ww once we are closer.  Beyond planning distractions to keep my mind occupied, I am also finding if I sit on the couch and read or watch tv I fall asleep!

Which brings me to side effects.  So the primary side effect for Lupron appears to be headaches.  The good news is that I have not gotten any headaches.  The less good news is that Lupron makes me (and about three other people in the world) so sleepy.  I can sleep 8-9 hours at night and still be sleepy by early afternoon the next day.  I am not the napping type, yet have taken more naps over the past two weeks then I have over the past two decades!

I am up to two estrogen patches (start a third today).  Friday morning I teared up several times at Madam Secretary which is a good show, but NOT an overly emotional show and I am not a crier under normal circumstances.  I also teared up when I texted my mom that they had gotten out of dodge just in time as I was becoming weepy and bi*%!y might be next and she responded "I love you weepy or  bi*%!y!".  Since Friday morning there have been no more waterworks.  Yesterday I snapped at J.T., but that was because I was dozing on the couch and he kept trying to talk to me.  In that case, I might have snapped at him even without two patches of estrogen:).  Otherwise, things have been normal.

It will be interesting to see if patches 3 & 4 bring any additional fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment