Monday, July 11, 2016

College Friends and Officially Cycling

Had a great weekend with my college friends.  When we were in school we said we would get together at least once a year after we graduated.  Promises like that are not so easily kept especially when you live in four different states, but with the exception of maybe one year at least three out of the four of us have gotten together for a weekend each year.

This weekend all four of us were able to get together.  When you only get together once a year it really doesn't matter what you do since talking and catching up is what anyone really wants to do:).  We ate lots of food, went to the pool, went to a brewery (just water for me), and to a taphouse for dinner (more water!).

Each time we get together I realize I have a horrible memory:(.  They tell stories and talk about people, some I remember, but others not so much.  It is a great reminder to myself to take lots of pictures because pictures and songs are great memory triggers for me.  We email some throughout the rest of the year, but I waited until this weekend to catch them up on all the details of where we landed for IVF.  They are super supportive and I love having a support system both near and far!

AF started on Saturday, so I went in this morning for Day 3 bloodwork and ultrasound.  The ultrasound was clear and my lining is at 5 which he said was good.  They are supposed to call back this afternoon and let me know whether or not to start my estrogen patches.  Hopefully I will be able to and we keep this forward momentum going!

ETA:  Bloodwork was good, so I started with 1 estrogen patch last night.  Transfer date is currently set for August 2nd.  Fingers crossed the next three weeks go by fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment