Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Trust



While this may be very true, it is clearly an area in which I am struggling as evidenced by my thoughts, feelings, and blog posts of late. The following are excerpts from Joyce Meyer's "When God's Timing Is Taking Too Long", that I stumbled upon God led me to as I finished up another day saturated in stress, self-pity, and feeling like a prisoner of my circumstances.

"We all want good things to happen in our lives, but too often we want it now...not later. When it doesn't happen that way, we are tempted to ask, "When, God, when?" Most of us need to grow in the area of trusting God instead of focusing on the "when" question. If you're missing joy and peace, you're not trusting God. If your mind feels worn out all the time, you're not trusting God.

If we wait the wrong way, we'll be miserable; but if we decide to wait God's way, we can become patient and enjoy the wait. It takes practice, but as we let God help us in each situation, we develop patience

When God directs our paths, He sometimes leads us in ways that don't make sense to us so we're not always going to understand everything. If we try to reason out everything, we will experience struggle, confusion and misery—but there is a better way. Proverbs 3:5-6says, Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.

First Peter 5:5 tells us that ...God sets Himself against the proud (the insolent, the overbearing, the disdainful, the presumptuous, the boastful)—[and He opposes, frustrates, and defeats them], but gives grace (favor, blessing) to the humble."

--
Nice of her to write this article for me as I believe we have boiled down to the root of my troubles of late:  

Do you Still Trust Me

Sadly my answer clearly has been no:(.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh man... you are definitely not alone in that struggle. I, too, have struggled to trust God when his answer is "wait". I have found a great deal of peace in Romans 8:18 "our present suffering is not worth comparing to the glory that will be revealed in us".You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by Bekkah. What a great verse to keep close to the heart these days. Thank you so much for sharing!

      Delete