Sunday, November 11, 2018

Thanksgivings Part 1 and 2

So much for which to be THANKFUL!  We traveled north to do my family's early-in-the-month Thanksgiving in the mountains.  J.T. couldn't go since he just started a new job and traveling after he got off work with a one year old was not wise.  My brother drove up with us and we had a successful trip (cold and rainy but successful in that we made it without incident!).

It was soooo cold up there and we even managed to see a dusting of snow.  It was tricky keeping Isabella quiet until a reasonable hour.  She goes to sleep and stays asleep just fine when we travel (thank you walk in closets!), but for some reason wakes up early.  We ventured out to McDonalds (I was hoping they had a play area, but no such luck) and watched Bubble Guppies to pass the time. 

This was the first year my nephew missed the trip.  He is a college freshman in ROTC so he could not get away.  Other than he and J.T. all other family members were present and accounted for.  We had a nice visit and I am always so impressed with how sweet my cousins kids are with Isabella.  They are all a lot older (14, 13, 10 and 8), but they make a point to play and talk to her which is so cute. 

Lots of games, good food, wine and laughs before we got back in the car on Sunday to head home. 

The only down side was my child's continued insistence in "stranger danger".  Getting a shower, eating a meal, etc. were all a bit trickier seeing as Daddy wasn't there and my kid doesn't seem to trust that anyone else is capable of taking care of her (insert eye roll), but we survived.  Here's a pic of Isabella and I eating Thanksgiving dinner. 





She was finished and I was not so there we sat.  She did eventually let my cousin play with her as she wandered about so that was helpful.  She also let my sister-in-law play with her some when I showered, but if she dared remembered that these women were not Mama she immediately panicked.  What is with this kid?!?!

When we got back on Sunday we were home for about an hour before we hopped back in the car for our second Thanksgiving dinner of the season.  Our church community group hosts Thanksgiving dinner each year and this happened to be the night.  I'm not one for turkey but my aunt always makes ham AND the hosting couple of community group makes fried turkey which is realllly good.  So between that side dishes and wine I will be lucky if I can button my pants tomorrow!


"Happy (early) Thanksgiving!"

No comments:

Post a Comment