Sunday, June 4, 2017

All Around the Town

We have had a pretty good week.  It turns out Isabella likes to be out and about and does a really good job!

Mondays are our stroller exercise class, but since it was a holiday we went Tuesday instead.  I am definitely taking full advantage of the modifications as I struggled with planks and burpees even before I was pregnant!  I am thinking I will try running again in July, so for now I am just glad to be doing something.  So far Isabella has pretty much slept through both classes.

Tuesday night we went out to dinner with some friends and Isabella was perfect.  We sat on the patio and she looked around for a little before going to sleep.  I found a baby white noise track on Amazon prime this past weekend and that seems to work wonders.  Of course it also means she hogs my phone, but she is so calm when it's on that I don't even care!

Wednesday we did baby story hour which is for 0-18 months.  I know it seems ridiculous to take my not yet 7 week old to a story hour, but one it's free and two it gets us out of the house!  Again, Isabella was so good.  She just sat in my lap and looked around.  It was fun watching the older babies and I think it's hysterical when they point to Isabella and say some variation of "baby".  It's as though they see themselves as somehow older and wiser:).

Thursday we walk with my friend Stacy.  Friday we had our first "play date" with my friend Amy's two girls (17 months and 4 weeks) and met up with two colleagues for drinks after school (again white noise for the win!).  

Doesn't Isabella look like a giant compared to her new friend, Emma?

When we are out and about Isabella is so good.  When we are at home; however, we still have numerous moments of struggle (fussy, fighting sleep, etc.).  I think she likes the activity, noise, sights, etc. when we are out.  Still trying to figure out some sort of routine.  I like the word routine better than schedule because I think if we just had an order to our day I would feel better.  Right now we have a bedtime routine (change, pajamas, sleep sack, eat, white noise and rock) and our daily outing routine and that's it.  It is definitely a good start, but after 16 years as an educator I will feel so much better when more of our day follows some sort of structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment