Saturday, March 26, 2016

Together Forever

We had a verrrry lazy day at home today only venturing out once for wine, candy and takeout. While at the store the checkout guy asked if we were together to which J.T. replied "Together, forever." in a very sweet way.  It made me realize that for all we have been through and for everything unknown that lies before us we are in this 100% together, forever.

When we got married almost 7 years ago our wedding vows went something like this:
"In the name of God, I, Beth Marie, take you, James Thomas, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, all the days of my life. This is my solemn vow."
In hindsight the following may be more accurate:
"In the name of God, I, Beth Marie, take you, James Thomas, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward; for laughter in both good times and in bad; for richer with two incomes, for poorer with one and for even poorer as both scenarios are riddled with infertility and adoption expenses; in all the times you are sick, with my rotten eggs, and in health; to love and to cherish, all the days of my life. This is my solemn vow."
While I cannot change anything about the way we are building are family (and once our children are here I know I will not want to, but for now just wish it was faster and easier), I can say with 100% confidence that I made the absolute right decision with whom to start my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment