Thursday, August 13, 2015

Fitbits, 5Ks, and Zombies, oh my!

So in May I was bitching about reflecting upon the fact that I had gained 10 pounds since we decided to adopt.  Made a meager attempt to eat better and walked/ ran for a few weeks, but then the end of the school year and summer hit and I just kind of stopped.  Fast forward to the beginning of July and I went to the doctor for a physical, got on the scale, and my eyes just about bugged out of my head as I turned to the nurse and exclaimed "Is this thing broken?!?".  I had somehow managed to gain 10 MORE pounds in about 6 weeks.  I was shocked...I didn't even know you could gain that much that fast without really putting some concerted effort into it!  But alas, I discovered first hand that you most decidedly can.

Well that was a much needed wake up call and, now 20 pounds to lose, I did not waste any time. After confirming from labs that there was no medical reason for the weight gain, I became a woman-on-a-mission.

I am proud to say that after 5 weeks I have lost those crazy 10 pounds and can begin to work on the 10 I set out to lose in May.  Sigh,..had I just started then with this intensity, but I digress...

Weight Watchers is my go to when I have what I consider a LOT of weight to lose (I am now counting 10 pounds as a LOT for future reference).  We got Fitbits for our anniversary, and I finished the Couch to 5K running plan for the third time in three years (hmmm...maybe if I just stuck with running I would have start over again...novel idea!).  I just finished over the weekend and have started a new app called Zombies Run.  I have been really excited to try it, but may have built it up too much in my head because when I tried it on Tuesday I was not overly impressed, but I'm going to give it another shot.


I set out to lose 10 pounds by the time the teachers at my school came back, so I can check that one off my list (they come back on Monday).  The next goal is to lose the remaining 10 by my birthday at the end of October.  Sounds doable, but we shall see what the new school year brings!



No comments:

Post a Comment