Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Beach Bum

Almost every year since I was 9 years old I have gone to the Outer Banks for vacation.  When I was a kid my family went with other families and it was a great time having fun with friends.  As we got older and schedules became trickier we had to change our schedule and go later in June than our family friends.  That being said as I got older I began to realize that I had as much fun with my family as I do my friends.  So I still travel to the Outer Banks with friends, they just happen to be my family too:).

Despite two shark attacks (fortunately neither of which we were directly involved) it was a fun week filled with music, laughter, games, books, yummy food & drinks, and my personal favorite--the hot tub.







It's been such an awesome experience watching my niece and nephew as well as my cousins' kids grow up.  Despite living 8 hours away, we are blessed to see them consistently 2-3 times a year.  They each have their own quirks and unique personality traits, but they all have one important thing in common--they are all nice kids.  This goes beyond the fact that they have good manners (which they all do), but also that they are fun to be around and have regard for those around them.  I look forward to having our child(ren) grow up with these kiddos as role models.




No comments:

Post a Comment