Friday, May 1, 2015

Looking ahead

A little while ago I began to wonder what was next for me.  For the last few years I thought it was motherhood, but that will come when it comes so it seems.

I realize that my current position is not one I wish to maintain forever.  There are parts of it that I love, but there are also parts of it that I do not love.  While I am sure that is true of every job, the work I do effects so many people that I do not think it is fair to continue in it for the long term when my heart really isn't in it.

A next step that I had considered before we became more focused on starting a family was going for my doctorate in hopes of teaching at the collegiate level.  Over the last year or so I started thinking I wanted to go back into the classroom because I missed the connection being a teacher presented; however, after some deep thought, conversation with my boss, and a resume that crossed my desk that opened my eyes to what my future might hold if I made that particular change, the desire to teach at the collegiate level was reignited.

In researching the doctorate I wish to hold, there is really only one option in regard to University to attend.  Their 2015 fall class has closed, so I am currently pursuing admittance for 2016.  I am hoping that God's plan for the year in between has something to do with a little person joining our family, but I will keep my eyes and ears open just in case He has another plan in mind:).

No comments:

Post a Comment