Sunday, February 1, 2015

Dreams

At church we just completed a series based on the book:


In the first part of the series, we discussed how you Dig Up those dreams that for many people due to individual responses and life circumstances go underground.  Over the last few weeks I have been pondering this concept and have come to the realization that as far as dreams go mine have been (or should have been) well within the scope of reason.  I like to sing, but never aspired to be an entertainer.  I played sports, but early on realized no collegiate or professional career was in my future. I can be very passionate and outspoken about certain topics but had no political aspirations.  When it comes down to it I have held onto 6 dreams:


  • In the second grade I decided to become a teacher, and somewhere in that same time frame knew I wanted to become a wife (once the cooties went away) and mother.  While I grew up I babysat and worked in daycares and at summer camps as I earned my bachelor's degree in elementary education.  I began teaching in 2001 and met the love of my life a few years later.  We were married in 2009.
  • Once I became a teacher I decided I wanted to have an impact on more than just the kids in my classroom so I got a Master's Degree in School Administration.
  • I also realized as I grew as an educator that I would love to open my own school.  Beginning in June 2010 I was able to do just that when I became the founding elementary principal of a brand new charter school.
  • Finally, I would like to follow in my mom's footsteps and be stay-at-home mom and homemaker until my youngest is in kindergarten.  
Four of these dreams have been realized.  The other two are pending.  Maybe God has granted me with this gift of time not only to strengthen my relationship with Him but also to begin to work on some more dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment