Friday, June 9, 2017

Turning a Corner?

Today was the last day of school.  It was so weird that for the first time in 16 years it was the last day of school and I wasn't at a school!  The new principal invited me to participate in kindergarten "graduation", but I declined.  Last year on the last day of school I was looking ahead at an uncertain summer hoping against hope that DE IVF would be the answer to our prayers and I continued to be in awe that it was!

I am also in awe at the changes I have seen over the last couple of days.  Isabella is still hesitant to eat large amounts at one time, so I have adjusted things during the day so that she eats about every two hours instead of every three.  This has helped get more into her system.

We also (finally!) seem to be mastering the art of "eat, play, sleep".  Wednesday I tried having her nap in her crib (since she sleeps better there at night than anywhere else-other than on me-during the day).  That did not go well (I am assuming it's because she could see the wide expanse that is her crib that she cannot see in the dark of night) and potentially led to the first bedtime routine fail we have had in weeks.  She did not go down until almost 11..after she and I both totally melted down:(

Thursday after she would finish eating I would rotate her through "centers" (bouncy chair, walk around and look at things, activity mat, swing, singing) each of which would hold her attention for about 5 minutes max.  I then began to make my peace with the fact that she gets tired after only about 45 minutes at which point I swaddle her, turn on the white noise and sit with her (medusa style of course) until she drifts off.  I then put her in the bassinet of her pack and play (which she is about to bust out of, but works for now) where she naps for about an hour or so and then we rinse and repeat.

I have also made my peace with our day officially beginning somewhere in the 5-6am range (as dictated by Isabella).  Heck I've gotten up at this time for work for years I should be used to it!  Throw in an early morning walk with nap in stroller after wake up and an evening walk with nap in stroller and though it's early yet, I think we may be stumbling onto a routine!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment