Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Medusa Moment

It rained every time I went to mow this weekend, so tonight it finally cleared and I was able to go out once J.T. got home from work.  I had fed Isabella and it was time to transition to a nap (still such a struggle).  It got to the point where I would never get out to mow if I waited for her to go sleep so I told him to just hold her and let her cry until she fell asleep (which she normally does in five minutes or less).  I'm not completely hard hearted in that I am tots cool with my daughter wailing, but sometimes it seems like she just needs that as a stress reliever once all other possibilities have been exhausted and I feel like if we hold her it's not as cold-hearted as cry it out.  Maybe I'm just justifying it, but anyway...

I went out to mow and about 10-15 minutes later J.T. comes out to the deck and gets my attention. She had not yet settled down:(.  I was at a loss so I came back in and sat with them.  She continued to cry and then I realized J.T. was doing what good dads do, but what doesn't work when we want our baby girl to go to sleep...he was watching her!  I whispered, "Don't look at her!".  He averted his eyes and she was out cold within one minute.  He looked at me whispered "I didn't know she was Medusa!".

What can I say, kids are weird man.

No comments:

Post a Comment