Friday, June 16, 2017

Let Her Sleep

Just as soon as I thought I had figured out Isabella's routine she flipped the switch on me on Monday! I tried to let her take the lead, but by Wednesday afternoon we were both cranky during the day and realized that wasn't working either.  The good news is she was sleeping well (for her!) at night, but the daytime/nap time/eating routine was not exactly going swimmingly:(.

Thursday night she didn't sleep very well and today we had our weekly "play"date with my friend Amy.  Upon arriving, Isabella was asleep and I asked Amy where I could put her out of the way since a demon had overtaken her when she woke up from her last nap and I needed the demon to vanish by the end of this one!  I tucked her away in their spare bedroom and hung out with Amy and her girls.

A little while later, I was going to go wake Isabella to try to feed her before we headed to our next destination when Amy suggested I just let her sleep.  Let her sleep and when she wakes up wait for her to let me know she was hungry.  I was hesitant, but trust Amy so gave it a shot.

So for the rest of the day when she would fall asleep I would let her sleep until she woke up.  While the amount she ate did not increase wouldn't you know that kid slept from 8:00-2:30 and then again from 3-5:30 and then AGAIN from 5:50-7:00.  Who is this kid?!?!  She can spend the night every night!  On the eating front I am beginning to wonder if the first few weeks of eating on the higher end of the continuum may be the result of the reflux.  I have read that silent reflux babies can be "overweight" due to eating as a form of soothing from the pain, so maybe eating around 20 oz. is the true norm for Isabella.  She still seems to be gaining weight so maybe I just need to chill on the eating front.


No comments:

Post a Comment